Cutting complexity to strengthen security: why consolidation matters
New survey of more than 400 security professionals globally shows non-integrated, point solutions make enterprise security more challenging
SINGAPORE, @mcgallen #microwireinfo, June 12, 2020 — Check Point® Software Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ: CHKP), a leading provider of cyber security solutions globally, has today announced new findings from a survey, conducted by Dimensional Research, examining global security leaders attitudes towards consolidation. These findings show that non-integrated, point solutions make enterprise security more challenging. As the threat landscape evolves and cyber-attacks become increasingly more sophisticated, 99% of companies using solutions from multiple vendors cited that it caused challenges to their organisation.
The key findings from the survey of 411 IT and security professionals globally confirmed the following:
- With more assets to secure, confidence in security goes down – 92% of respondents said that securing their IT assets against threats is challenging. Only 34% and 38% of security leaders believe their mobile and IoT devices are properly secured, revealing a considerable gap in organisations’ security posture.
- Nearly half of organisations deploy 6 – 40 security solutions, adding to complexity – Virtually every organisation in the survey used multiple security vendors. 49% of all organisations use between 7 and 40 point security products, and 27% of larger organisations use between 11 and 40 different vendors’ products.
- Multiple management consoles obscures visibility – 98% of organisations manage their security products with multiple consoles, creating visibility silos. The inability to get a holistic view of an organisation’s threat posture creates visibility challenges, which complicates incident response.
- Working with multiple security vendors causes challenges for organisations – 79% of security professionals say working with multiple vendors presents significant challenges. Maintenance, version upgrades, contract renewals and other activities related to the care and feeding of a security solution all take valuable time and resources.
“Some organisations operate under the false assumption that more products translate to more security. However, in this situation, global security leaders should adopt the less is more mentality,” said Itai Greenberg, Vice President of Product Management at Check Point. “Adding multiple products from different vendors simply adds more complexity, and can potentially undermine the organisation’s security. Enterprises need a consolidated cybersecurity solution that strengthens their defenscs while improving their agility against all forms of attack.”
The COVID-19 pandemic has created a phenomenon in our entire working culture. The shifts were global, rapid and widespread. Dramatic changes in your company’s infrastructure presents a unique opportunity to assess your security investments. In the survey, 69% of respondents agree that prioritising vendor consolidation would lead to better security. The highest level of visibility, reached through consolidation, will guarantee you the security effectiveness needed to prevent sophisticated cyber attack. Unified management and risk visibility fill out your security architecture.
Reducing the number of vendors enables a higher level of security through superior integration, and fewer functional gaps between the protections each product delivers. It also significantly reduces the time, cost and resources of incident remediation processes. Check Point Infinity is the first consolidated security architecture across networks, cloud, mobile and IoT, providing the highest level of threat prevention against both known and unknown cyber threats. Infinity’s single management centrally correlates a wide range of events across all network environments, cloud services and mobile infrastructures, and Check Point’s pre-emptive threat prevention technology blocks the most sophisticated attacks before they can inflict damage.
The survey was conducted by Dimensional Research, with 411 respondents from organisations of 500+ employees globally. Read our blog about the survey.
About Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (www.checkpoint.com) is a leading provider of cyber security solutions to governments and corporate enterprises globally. Its solutions protect customers from 5th generation cyber-attacks with an industry leading catch rate of malware, ransomware and other types of attacks. Check Point offers multilevel security architecture, “Infinity” Total Protection with Gen V advanced threat prevention, which defends enterprises’ cloud, network and mobile device held information. Check Point provides the most comprehensive and intuitive one point of control security management system. Check Point protects over 100,000 organisations of all sizes.
Follow Check Point via:
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/checkpointsw
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/checkpointsoftware
- Blog: http://blog.checkpoint.com
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CPGlobal
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/check-point-software-technologies