Singapore, @mcgallen #microwireinfo, August 29, 2019 – FiiO announces the arrival of the M5, an ultra portable lossless music player in Singapore. Featuring FiiO’s signature high resolution sound, a large storage space of up to 2TB, and a Bluetooth receiver all in one and more, the M5 has raised interest amongst audiophiles long before its official launch.
Small in size, mighty in features
Weighing about 38g, the FiiO M5 is about the size of a smart-watch’s face. Despite its compact appearance, the audio player is a versatile high performing audio player, and is packed full with features that will entice many music lovers. In fact, the M5 has achieved dual high-res audio certifications – Hi-Res Audio and Hi-Res Audio Wireless certification, a pair of small golden logos, laser-etched on the back of the M5 glass.
The M5 utilises a high performance dedicated Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC), AKM AK4377, with support for native DSD. It is also equipped with the Ingenic X1000E processor. As a result, M5 is capable of playing your music playlist for longer periods of time without recharging, have low distortion and noise, enabling high performance sound reproduction for your music playlist.
Multi-connectivity for every need
In addition, the M5 offers premium Bluetooth solution. Featuring the Qualcomm’s Bluetooth chip, CSR8675, users can truly enjoy superb sound through lossless Bluetooth. The M5 supports most audio formats, including MP3, OGG, AAC, AIFF, WMA, APE, FLAC, ALAC, WAV, DSD and ISO. PCM is also supported up to 384kHz/32bit.
On top of that, M5 also supports microSD cards up to 2TB, allowing you carry your whole library wherever you go. With 7 equaliser presets to choose from – rock, classical, jazz, pop, dance, vocal, and metal – you can get your music to sound exactly the way you want.
The retina-like IPS touchscreen of the M5 produces bold and bright colours, and supports gestures that are ideal for interacting with a tiny screen. With a double-sided 2.5D full-fit tempered glass, and a resolution of 240 x 240 encapsulated in a 1.54 inch HD display, the M5 does not compromise on look and quality.
Other features include:
- Transfer files whenever, no computer necessary – M5 supports connection to USB OTG-compatible smartphones and tablets. You can transfer files to the M5 with speeds about the same as with a computer, but in a far easier and convenient way.
- Get that workout going – Built into the M5 is a high-precision pedometer chip, allowing the audio player to display number of steps taken, so you can really see the results of your workout as you enjoy your music.
- Say goodbye to battery anxiety – Tap into M5’s vast reserves of power with its built-in 550mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery, for longer playtime and standby time. The M5 offers a battery life of up to 15 hours and can be on deep sleep standby for up to 22 days.
- Form and function – Included with the M5 is a snug-fitting transparent clip that also acts as a protective case, ensuring that you can actually wear it out of the box.
- Bluetooth: Receiver (SBC/ AAC/ aptX/ aptX HD/ LDAC), Transmitter (SBC/ aptX/ LDAC)
- USB: Symmetrical Type-C connector, USB2.0
- Battery: 550mAh lithium-ion polymer battery
- Storage: micro-SD card (up to 2TB supported)
- Power output: > 42mW (16Ω)
- Frequency Range: 5~90kHz (-3dB)
- Battery Life: > 10.5 hours (using earphones), > 13.5 hours (over Bluetooth)
- Standby time: > 22 days
- Charging time: < 2.5 hours (DC5V/2A charge)
- Accessories: Black Clip, USB data cable, PET screen protector
- Weight: 38g
- Screen dimensions: 1.54 inch 240 x 240 touchscreen
- Product dimensions: 45.3mm x 42mm x 13.97mm
Pricing and Availability
The FiiO M5 Ultra-portable audio player is available immediately in Meteorite Black at a recommended retail price (RRP) of S$179 (including GST) at authorised retailers including AV One, Connect IT, E1 Personal Audio, Lazada (https://www.lazada.sg/shop/av1group/), Stereo Electronics and Treoo.com. Other colours, Radiant Red and Moonlight Titanium, will be made available at a later time.
About FiiO Electronics Technology Co. Ltd.
FiiO was established in 2007 and has experience in researching and developing countless portable music products of different types, and sell FiiO-branded products through sales agents worldwide. The brand name FiiO is composed of Fi(fidelity from HiFi) and iO(number 1&0), representing the real feeling and convenient life that digital brings to life. FiiO is focused on product quality, adheres strictly to ISO9001 standards in quality management and works hard to attain the lowest repair-related product returns rate. FiiO places great importance on users’ needs and ceaselessly pursues perfection in product design and manufacturing, to supply users with the best audio products at the best prices. FiiO products have won awards including iF Design Award, Reddot Award, EISA Award, VGP Award, etc.