SITEX 2016 launches new Tech Zone to promote adoption of next generation technology with the…
Singapore, 10 April, 2017 – FRED Technologies announces the launch of the world’s first luxury smart mirror, the Mirror, an intuitive and innovative version of the traditional reflective glass, designed for the future-ready home, today.
An immaculately designed luxury mirror with a slim profile encased with a champagne gold frame, the Mirror easily adds a touch of elegance to any designer home and bathroom, although that is where the similarity to the traditional mirror ends. Made of the finest quality materials, the Mirror is waterproof, remains clear of mist and mirror spots, even in the most humid bathroom environment.
Much more than a stylish and refined looking glass, it is a butler in the digital era:
- The Mirror is informative and Internet connected; it presents the latest news, weather information, schedule of the day, social media updates while the user gets ready in the morning, without the need to pick up a smartphone.
- The Mirror is entertaining; with two crystal-clear speakers built into its anodised brushed aluminium frame. Users can listen to their favourite music, and control the Mirror through voice commands.
- The Mirror is energy-friendly; through a motion sensor, its smart display only turns on when a user steps towards it, and dims into a regular mirror when the user walks away.
- The Mirror keeps the environment fresh; with an advanced air purifying technology embedded, making every visit to the bathroom a pleasant experience.
- The Mirror is a smart platform for third-party lifestyle devices; it easily connects with health monitoring solutions for measuring fitness and sleeping patterns, skin and hair conditions, it teaches children how to brush their teeth with gamified applications, and even prepare your morning cup of coffee while you are in the bathroom.
The Mirror is the signature model and first product by FRED Technologies, unveiled after a year of intensive research and development. It is the brainchild of Jonathan Yuan, founder and director, FRED Technologies.
“The “Mirror” idea was conceived in my previous work in the tiles and ceramics industry. I observed that one of the pet peeves of luxury home owners was mirror spots, the black spots on a mirror due to oxidation of the reflective mercury layer. The main cause being excess moisture seeping into the mirror foundation in humid bathrooms. Thoughts of creating a well-engineered and well-designed mirror that would be free from black spots due to oxidation, married with smart functionality of an advanced tablet, and even an air purifying Technologies to remove bathroom odour came to mind. That was when I set out to create Mirror, the culmination of beautiful form and extensible function, and the platform to create an ecosystem for the smart bathroom,” says Jonathan Yuan. “Further, as the Mirror taps on the Android OS, the applications are limitless, and becomes very extensible to any smart appliances that are compatible with the OS. For example, the Mirror is perfect for the hospitality industry, where guests can harness the intelligence of the Mirror to check on local gifts to buy for families, city or suburban bus tours to book, and so on. And in the beauty and fashion industry, the Mirror can be applied to hairdressing and beauty salons to allow customers better use of waiting time while treatments are applied. I foresee the Mirror having literally a life on its own.”
PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
Mirror is available online at https://frednology.com/view/order.aspx. Priced at SGD 2,700, Mirror is a limited edition signature model, with only 500 pieces available worldwide.
- Dimensions: 800 x 500 x 18mm
- Screen: 15.6″ (1920 x 1080px)
- Weight: 9kg
- Materials: Glass, aluminium, metal
- Colour: Champagne gold
- OS: Android 5.0
- Language: Multi-language
- RAM: 2GB DDR3
- ROM: 16GB eMMC FLASH
- Multimedia Ready: MP4, MP3, H.264 etc.
- Stay Connected: Wi-Fi, 802.11 b/g/n, BlueTooth 4.0, USB 2.0
ABOUT FRED Technologies
Headquartered in Singapore, FRED Technologies Pte Ltd was founded in 2015 by Jonathan Yuan. FRED stands for “Future Ready, Everything Digital”. For more information, please visit https://frednology.com.
FRED Mirror images (zip) (1.3 MiB)