Discover the hidden depths of sound with KEF Kube12b, Kube10b, and Kube8b
Singapore, @mcgallen #microwireinfo, January 24, 2018 – KEF has today debuted its new Kube range of subwoofers, engineered to reveal hidden depths and bring out the true scale of sound. It is time to fall in love with your favourite album or go-to film all over again.
KEF’s design and engineering team coordinated closely to develop an advanced Digital Signal Processing algorithm (DSP) known as iBX. This Intelligent Bass Extension algorithm extends depth to maximise the capabilities of the custom designed driver, delivering unparalleled precision and ultimate synchronicity between amplifier, driver and sealed cabinet.
Kube subwoofers – available in three driver sizes, 12, 10 and 8 inches, offer unmatched flexibility in configuration. A range of LFE, line & speaker-level inputs, Phase selection, and 3 DSP controlled EQ settings help match Kube to any room placement. Set up Kube for convenience, pair it to any main speaker, or with any type of music system and start exploring new depths in sound.
KEF is quite possibly the only high-end manufacturer able to design, engineer, and assemble the speaker driver, cabinet, and circuitry in-house. This level of integration is the hallmark of a commitment to pure sound and Kube stays true to that ideal. The result is a driver and amplifier so perfectly attuned they sing in absolute harmony.
Notes for Editors: KEF Kube12b/ Kube10b/ Kube8b Subwoofers
- Formidable 56bit 50 MIPS DSP preamplifier
- iBX Intelligent Bass Extension: The DSP analyses your input signal and applies KEF’s iBX, allowing the sub to play louder and remain dynamic at any listening level
- Sophisticated proprietary DSP programming developed by KEF’s UK engineering team
- KEF SmartConnect intelligent inputs automatically detect mono or stereo and adjust the subwoofer volume level accordingly
- Sealed for greater accuracy and delicate musical detail while allowing the Kube subwoofers to be installed in a cabinet
- Placement tuning presets for: Free standing, Wall/in-cabinet and Corner meaning the Kube sounds perfect wherever it’s installed
- Imposing 300Watt Class D amplifier with DSP preamplifier/EQ
- Available in Kube12b, Kube10b, and Kube8b models featuring 12-inch, 10-inch, and 8-inch drivers respectively
Price and Availability
KEF Kube 8b subwoofer will be retailing for SGD $799 including GST.
KEF Kube 10b subwoofer will be retailing for SGD $999 including GST.
KEF Kube 12b subwoofer will be retailing for SGD $1099 including GST.
The new KEF Kube subwoofer range is available at KEF Singapore store at The Adelphi (Address: 1 Coleman Street, #01-18, The Adelphi Singapore 179803). For more details, please visit http://international.kef.com
The company was founded in 1961 by Raymond Cooke OBE (1925–1995) and was initially headquartered in a Nissen Hut on the premises of Kent Engineering & Foundry (from where the name KEF is derived) – a metal-working company on the banks of the River Medway, near Maidstone in Kent. KEF’s ethos has always been based on the continuing quest to find new and better ways of reproducing sound. Since the company’s establishment, KEF has maintained a flair for unusual and controversial speaker engineering, design and material use. KEF has always driven innovation in sound with examples including its iconic ‘egg’, Muon and Blade speakers. KEF is a member of Gold Peak Group and its products are available in more than 60 countries. In 2011, KEF celebrated its 50th anniversary and now the company continues its commitment to building on its strong heritage. Visit http://international.kef.com for more about KEF and its products.