Editor’s brief: Imagine a mid-range Android 10 device with the looks of a modern masculine smartphone, but the innards of a good DAP with THX, that would be the latest FiiO M11 Plus LTD in a nutshell. The DAP is equipped with a 6000mAh battery, sufficient for the serious hifi music enthusiast. Read more below.
SINGAPORE – The FiiO M11 Plus LTD Portable Music Player has just been released in Singapore by the industry leader in lossless audio players. The FiiO M11 Plus LTD follows the M11 and M11 Pro as the third installment in the well-received M11 series. The new M11 Plus improves upon its predecessor in a number of key respects, including with respect to functionality, features, and overall user experience. The brand-new player has been heralded as the pinnacle of all portable media players ever since its release.
Smooth smartphone-like performance
The M11 Plus’s octa-core Snapdragon 660 chip is an improvement over the Exynos 7872 found in the M11 Pro, and its 4 big and 4 small core architecture makes it possible for the new player to deliver a smooth experience comparable to that of a modern smartphone. The chip is powerful enough to handle video playback and gaming without sacrificing battery life, and it can also maintain a very low power consumption level when used for nothing but music playback.
In addition to having the same 64GB of storage as the M11 Pro, the M11 Plus also comes pre-loaded with the Android 10 interface. Includes the first release of FiiO’s revamped Android 10 operating system. The player’s 137 icons have been painstakingly redesigned to be more visually appealing and user-friendly.
Additional features of the M11 Plus variant include a dark mode, a night mode, control gestures, and compatibility with third-party streaming apps like Apple Music. If you own an iPhone and want to listen to high-quality wireless audio, the M11 Plus not only supports AirPlay and DLNA streaming, but also adds AAC codec support for Bluetooth transmission and reception.
Jam packed with tech innovations
The new digital audio purification system found in the FiiO M11 Plus is a major selling point. A high-precision and low-jitter unified clock source for the whole audio architecture is provided by a FiiO-developed 4th-generation FPGA with phase-locked loop technology and two custom Japanese NDK femtosecond crystal oscillators. Moreover, the player features FiiO’s third-generation All to DSD technology, which results in 30% lower power consumption, fewer unwanted harmonics, and a mellower, purer sound.
The M11 Plus’s ultra-low distortion and sound coloration are a result of the double THX AAA-78 amps from the THX AAA Frontier series’ use of feed-forward error correction technology and neutral pure amp architecture design. With the addition of a pair of THX AAA-78s, your listening experience will be as immersive as if you were actually in the recording studio, complete with all of the subtleties and nuances of a live concert.
In addition, the M11 Plus has not one but two AK4497EQ DAC chips, which are no longer manufactured. The M11 Plus is the pinnacle of the high-end chip’s evolution; with it, you can rediscover your favorite songs with a fresh perspective and a sense of wonder.
Meticulously engineered inside and out
The M11 Plus takes cues from the M11 series’ popular 3D cut designs while introducing novel hexagonal honeycomb elements. The M11 Plus’s body and buttons are harmoniously integrated, exuding bold lines while maintaining the M11’s signature minimalism. The 5.5-inch HD display on the FiiO M11 Plus has been upgraded to display a wider color spectrum and more accurate color temperature. The 18:9 aspect ratio is ideal because it provides a great viewing experience while also making the device easier to hold.
M11 Plus is designed to impress in more ways than one; it looks great and functions beautifully. There is no need to worry about your player overheating, as the R&D team implemented numerous measures to keep it at a comfortable temperature, including the use of custom thermal silica gel and graphene as well as nickel silver heatsinks to absorb and dissipate heat produced by the player during extended use.
Internally, the M11 Plus uses a new, patented modular anti-interference circuit design. Each component of the circuit is shielded independently, ensuring that the digital and analog components are kept completely apart. In the end, this keeps the various components from interfering with one another and produces cleaner audio. To achieve a more robust overall power supply and consequently superior dynamics, the front low-pass filter, small signal amplification, and amp expansion circuit all use their own dedicated power sources.
Other exciting features include:
- Newly added balanced line-out: In addition to the 2.5/3.5/4.4mm headphone outs, a new 4.4mm balanced line-out is also added, allowing the perfect connection to many headphones/amplifiers in a single device.
- Massive battery, faster charging: M11 Plus contains a huge 6000 mAh battery with support for Qualcomm’s QC2.0/3.0/4.0 and USB PD fast charging. After a full charge, the M11 Plus can be continuously listened to for 11.5 hours and can remain in deep standby for up to 1,000 hours.
- Unique all-in-one volume button + touch panel: Let go of the traditional volume wheel, and embrace the volume button + touch panel. The M11 Plus brings an unprecedented volume change experience either through precise adjustments with buttons or by sliding on the touch panel. It supports 5 volume adjustment methods: Sliding on panel, buttons, touchscreen, FiiO Link, and Bluetooth remote control
- Patent competition winner In-vehicle mode: FiiO has conducted in-depth research on the in-vehicle usage habits of hundreds of audiophiles all around the world to continuously optimise the user experience while in the car. The in-vehicle mode automatically turns on and off the player in sync with the car, while the user interface changes to make in-vehicle use safer and easier. (Patent no: ZL 2017 1 0563549.5)
- Global MQA 8x decoding support: The M11 Plus supports decoding MQA tracks in 8x mode, generating master-quality sound reproduction, allowing for rich, master-quality sound reproduction with high sampling rates in manageable file sizes.
- 3 gain levels for all kinds of headphones: While the M11 Plus can output a mighty 588 mW, there are 3 gain levels- low, medium, and high. Each gain level has 120 volume steps, allowing you to dial in the volume to exactly where you want. The M11 Plus is perfect whether you are using high-impedance headphones or high-sensitivity earphones.
- Unlimited possibilities with the shortcut button: With the highly customisable FiiO-exclusive shortcut button, you can execute previously complex operations with just one click to your liking.
- Five modes for all situations: M11 Plus supports Android mode, Pure Music mode, Bluetooth reception mode, USB DAC mode, and AirPlay mode
- Recognised by a leading national body: FiiO M11 Plus is “High Fidelity Audio Products” (CPHA) certified. CPHA is currently the authoritative body on certifying mid- to high-end audio products in China through comprehensive objective testing and subjective evaluation, while also providing references to companies looking to improve their products’ sound quality.
- Hi-Res Audio certified: The M11 Plus is Hi-Res Audio certified in recognition of its ability to present richer musical details in a highly realistic soundscape.
- Hi-Res Audio Wireless certified: The M11 Plus is Hi-Res Audio Wireless certified, and can support 24 bit/96kHz and above as well as LDAC Bluetooth format for an excellent performance.
- Quality Accessories: FiiO M11 Plus comes with tempered glass screen protector with oleophobic layer, exquisite custom leather case, and USB 3.0 data/charging cable
Pricing and Availability
FiiO M11 Plus LTD is available in Black and retails for S$1,199 (including GST). The FiiO M11 Plus LTD can be purchased at AV One (av1group.com.sg), Connect-IT, E1 Personal Audio, Headphones.SG, Jaben, Stereo Electronics and Treoo.
Microwire.news (aka microwire.info) is a content outreach and amplification platform for news, events, brief product and service reviews, commentaries, and analyses in the relevant industries. Part of McGallen & Bolden Group initiative. Copyrights belong to the respective authors/owners and the news service is not responsible for the content presented.