Audiophile’s accurate audio in Shure’s AONIC FREE earphones
Editor’s brief: Audio is subjective, where one person’s audio heaven is another’s bane. However, the Shure AONIC FREE is different. These beefy earphones provide accurate audio for those who desire authentic and unadulterated sound, with none of the bass or other embellishments. Read more below.
SINGAPORE — Shure has just released the AONIC FREE True Wireless Sound IsolatingTM Earphones, the newest product in its AONIC line of headphones. The AONIC FREE earphones are the latest addition to Shure’s AONIC line, and they follow on the heels of the AONIC 215 GEN 2 by introducing a new hook-free, pocketable design coupled with the same unmatched studio quality sound trusted by artists, audiophiles, commuters, technophiles, and music lovers. With a long battery life, a lightweight and compact design, and excellent call quality, the AONIC FREE earphones are ideal for those who are constantly on the move.
With decades of experience backing up legendary performers behind the scenes, AONIC FREE was designed to deliver studio-quality sound with deep bass. The premium amplifier and driver combination behind this industry-leading sound have undergone extensive testing and tuning to deliver a listening experience that is truly one of a kind, regardless of the listener’s preferences. In a world where individualization is paramount, the ShurePlusTM Play app’s custom multi-band EQ and presets allow users to express themselves through music.
Whether you’re on your way to work or trying to tune out the hum of the plane’s engine before takeoff, the high-quality Sound Isolation Technology built in here will do the trick. With the press of a button, Environmental Mode turns on the exterior microphones so the user can listen to their immediate environment, allowing them to hear things like traffic as they walk through a crowded city.
“Today’s consumers are moving faster than ever and want a listening experience that is hassle-free and comfortable without sacrificing sound quality,” said Ellen Mahon, Senior Manager, Global MCA Marketing, at Shure. “As we developed AONIC Free, we set out to create an earphone that contained Shure’s industry-leading audio and mic performance, durability, and reliability while providing the ease and convenience that makes true wireless earphones so popular. Features such as extended battery life, stereo calls, and customisable EQ with the ShurePlus Play app ensure that these earphones can deliver what our customers demand.”
Notable key features include:
- Sound Isolation Technology: Based on in-ear monitors worn by musicians for hours at a time on stage, AONIC FREE’s combination of a foam sleeve and an ergonomically angled design comfortably blocks up to 37dB while providing a distortion-free, secure fit for use all day long.
- Long-Lasting Battery Life: With 21 total hours of playback, your epic playlist has met its match. The earbuds provide seven hours of listening with two full additional charges from the pocket-friendly carrying case. A fast charge feature provides one hour of playback after only 15 minutes in the case. The case’s form factor was designed to transport easily, so users will never be without a charge.
- Crystal Clear Phone Calls: AONIC Free makes it easy to navigate calls no matter the circumstance. With strategically placed mics with beamforming Digital Sound Processing (DSP) that intelligently picks up just your voice, Auto Gain Control that reduces the volume of music while on a call, and noise suppression technology that blocks wind noise, your voice is heard – not the surrounding environment.
- Optimal Usability: Users have the freedom to customise volume, playback, and call control with a single press on either the left or right earbud. Button function can also be customized in the ShurePlus Play App.
- Customisable EQ: When paired with the free ShurePlus PLAY App, listeners can personalise Environment Mode levels. Available for iOS and Android, the app is also a full-featured music player with EQ, supporting standard and hi-res music files. In addition to the feature controls, it lets users customise tone and voice prompts for important notifications, like power on/off, connection confirmation, and low battery.
- Multi-connectivity: AONIC FREE features Bluetooth 5® and supports multiple audio codecs, including aptX™, AAC, and SBC.
- Box includes: Earphones, a fit kit with Comply™ foam sleeves in S/M/L, pocketable charging case, and USB-C charging cable.
Pricing and Availability
Shure’s True Wireless Sound Isolating Earphones, AONIC FREE, is now available in Graphite Grey and retail for S$329 (including GST), and available immediately at AV One (http://www.av1group.com.sg), Challenger, Gresouth Trading, Headphones.SG, Isetan Scotts Level 3, KrisShop, Sprint-Cass, Stereo Electronics, Takashimaya Level 3, TK Foto, Treoo.com and XGear.
Microwire.news (aka microwire.info) is a content outreach and amplification platform for news, events, brief product and service reviews, commentaries, and analyses in the relevant industries. Copyrights belong to the respective authors/owners and the news service is not responsible for the content presented.