Add a small Bluetooth-enabled DAC to your audio arsenal with FiiO BTA30
Editor’s brief: If you are still using wired headphones or headsets that plug into your tiny smartphones or portable devices, then you may be needing a DAC (digital-analog-converter). The reason is many small devices may not be able to produce the sound you want or like, and a DAC can bridge that gap, on the cheap. FiiO introduces a DAC with Bluetooth capabilities, as both transmitter and receiver, the BTA30. Read more below.
SINGAPORE – The lossless audio player market leader FiiO has just released their BTA30 Bluetooth transceiver in Singapore. The BTA30 is the first Bluetooth decoder in the desktop decoder family to support LDAC/aptX HD Bluetooth transmission and reception across all three of its modes of operation.
The BTA30 is a versatile piece that can greatly improve the sound of audio equipment such as your TVs, speakers, and computers to spice up your life. The new Bluetooth receiver is feature packed with:
- Flagship Qualcomm CSR8675 Bluetooth chip – The BTA30 utilises the efficient Qualcomm CSR8675 Bluetooth chip for enhanced audio applications–supporting 24-bit audio processing and equipped with a 120MHz DSP, it effectively integrates various Bluetooth decoding functions into one package.
- High-performance DSP, digital upsampling ability – The BTA30 is among the first desktop Bluetooth and SPDIF decoding systems to incorporate an independent high-performance DSP chip, allowing it to meet the decoding needs of various formats and increasing the BTA30’s versatility. The DSP allows any digital audio signal to be upsampled to 192kHz, greatly improving audio accuracy for a better listening experience.
- DAC AK4490 – Responsible for digital-to-analog conversion is the AK4490, allowing up to 384kHz and DSD native decoding. Its implementation here lets you easily hear every small detail in your music, and provides higher SNR and dynamic range than with the Bluetooth built-in DAC and with better DAC than similar transceivers. Film capacitors work with the AK4490 for clearer and more transparent treble.
Good sound everywhere
The BTA30’s Bluetooth connection is enhanced by an external gain antenna, allowing the CSR8675 chip to perform to its full potential. With support for Bluetooth 5.0, you can take advantage of increased data transfer rates, more reliable signal transmission, and a usable range of up to 30 meters.
The BTA30 is compatible with high-resolution LDAC/aptX/aptX HD/AAC formats when paired with a smartphone or music player via Bluetooth. While CDs only support 44.1 kHz audio, LDAC can play files at 96 kHz and 24 bits in depth. The BTA30 can transmit digital audio signals in the LDAC/aptX HD/aptX LL/SBC Bluetooth formats when connected to the digital outputs of audio/video sources such as TVs, CD players, external DAC/decoders, and computers.
The BTA30 can also function as a standalone D/A converter, taking in digital audio signals and outputting them as analog signals of the highest possible quality. There is support for up to 192kHz/24 bit and native DSD64 decoding via the coaxial input, up to 96kHz/24 bit via the optical input, and up to 48kHz/16 bit via the USB input.
One device for ultimate convenience
Connecting your devices and listening to your favorite tunes on different platforms is made easy with the new BTA30’s wide variety of inputs. Connecting the RCA output to your external DAC or the optical/coaxial output to your phone’s digital input will breathe new life into your old speakers. You can also use the BTA30’s USB DAC function to transmit high-quality computer audio, and it can be connected to your gaming consoles to transmit audio from them.
Other features include:
- Full theatre immersion: Connecting the BTA30 to your TV’s SPDIF/optical out allows you to send low-latency sound to your Bluetooth headset, allowing you to be fully immersed in your own private theatre.
- Share the fun around: In Bluetooth receiving/decoding mode, two devices can connect to the BTA30 at the same time, and both devices are remembered after connecting for the first time. Music from either device can be switched between freely to play on the BTA30. In Bluetooth transmitting mode, the BTA30 can send music to two different Bluetooth devices at the same time.
- Dual Hi-Res Certifications: Not only does the BTA30 have Hi-Res Audio certification by the Japan Audio Society, but it also has achieved Hi-Res Audio Wireless certification for guaranteed excellent performance.
- Special lights for special moments: The RGB light indicator helps you to quickly distinguish the Bluetooth format that you are currently using. (SBC: Blue | AAC: Teal | aptX: Purple | aptX LL: Green | aptX HD: Yellow | LDAC: White)
- Bluetooth receive format support: SBC/AAC/aptX/aptX HD/LDAC
- Bluetooth transmit format support: SBC/aptX/aptX LL/aptX HD/LDAC
- Bluetooth version: 5.0
- Transmission Range: 30m
- USB interface: Type-C
- Bluetooth chip: CSR8675
- DSP chip: CT5302
- DAC chip: AK4490
- Dimensions: 120x55x23.5mm
- Weight per ear unit: 115g
- Included in box: BTA30, quick start guide, warranty card, Type-C cable, RCA cable, isolation feet
Pricing and Availability
FiiO BTA30 is available immediately at a recommended retail price of S$149 and can be found at AV One (av1group.com.sg), Connect-IT, E1 Personal Audio, Jaben, Stereo Electronics, and Treoo.com.
Microwire.news (aka microwire.info) is a content outreach and amplification platform for news, events, brief product and service reviews, commentaries, and analyses in the relevant industries. Copyrights belong to the respective authors/owners and the news service is not responsible for the content presented.