Pamper your ears with the audio luxury of the Audeze LCD-5 planar headphones
Editor’s brief: For those who want to luxuriate with the best sounding headphones, the Audeze LCD-5 planar headphone with an open back design, seems like the way to go. Unlike some others, the LCD-5 is not heavy, while offering great engineering in both design, materials, and audio. This makes a great headphone sitting snugly and comfortably without feeling clamped like some others. But you don’t buy quality headphones for just engineering, but the audio. The LCD-5 offers a warm and unadulterated sounding audio that brings to life the best of high fidelity classic (or any other) music, such as Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker, Stravinsky’s Firebird, or John Williams’ Seven Years in Tibet. Read more below.
SINGAPORE – The industry-leading audio technology and high-end headphones maker Audeze has just released a new flagship model: the Audeze LCD-5. The LCD-5’s new driver design, featuring Audeze’s own patent-pending Parallel UniforceTM voice coils and new magnet assembly, establishes a new benchmark for precision. LCD-5 is an entirely new design that prioritizes transparency, openness, and accuracy in its soundstage and frequency response. The LCD-5 has a sensitivity of 90dB, an impedance of 14 Ohms, and a weight of 420 grams, which is 33% less than the LCD-4.
Made by hand in California, USA, the LCD-5 has been meticulously designed to deliver unrivaled sound quality to professionals and audiophiles alike. The LCD-5 is equipped with our latest premium audio cable made from high-purity copper and an aluminum carry case in addition to Audeze’s patented core technologies, such as newly designed acoustically responsive leather earpads, an upgraded and luxurious carbon fiber suspension headband, deep “tortoise shell” acetate rings, a brand-new magnesium housing, and, of course, the iconic signature earcups and headband.
Key features include:
- New Parallel UniforceTM diaphragms and FluxorTM Magnets provide powerful sound, unparalleled sonic detail, and incredible accuracy without increasing the impedance
- New internally sloped earpads that help to reduce unwanted resonances and interior reflections
- Newly designed Fazors that are optimised to reduce diffractions
- The LCD-5 cable is specially tuned with directional OCC high-purity copper strands that provide a low capacitance and low resistance path to maintain unsurpassed clarity and precision.
- The LCD-5’s fully re-designed magnesium frame provides rigidity and ultra-light weight, while the acetate rings offer just the right touch of richness
“Featuring our core technologies while adding some new innovations like our Parallel Uniforce voice coil, the LCD-5 incorporates decades of audio and technology research to deliver all the aspects of a truly reference audio experience,” stated Audeze CEO Sankar Thiagasamudram. “Our long term commitment to delivering reference products has led us to the LCD-5,” he added.
- Style: Over-ear, open-back
- Transducer type: Planar Magnetic
- Magnetic structure: FluxorTM magnet array
- Phase management: Fazor
- Magnet type: Neodymium N50
- Diaphragm type: Nano-Scale Parallel UniforceTM
- Transducer size: 90 mm
- Maximum power handling: 5W RMS
- Maximum SPL: >130dB
- Frequency response: 5Hz – 50kHz
- THD: <0.1% @ 100dB
- Impedance: 14 ohms
- Sensitivity: dB/1mW (at Drum Reference Point)
- Minimum power requirement: >100mW
- Recommended power level: >250mW
- Weight: 420g
Pricing and Availability
Audeze LCD-5 is available immediately at a retail price of S$6,999. They can be found exclusively at AV One (https://av1group.com.sg).
Microwire.news (aka microwire.info) is a content outreach and amplification platform for news, events, brief product and service reviews, commentaries, and analyses in the relevant industries. Copyrights belong to the respective authors/owners and the news service is not responsible for the content presented.