Editor’s brief: Hot on the heels of the recent introduction of the FiiO FD7, FiiO launches the 14th Anniversary Collector’s Model, the FDX pure Beryllium diaphragm dynamic driver in-ear monitor (IEM) in Singapore. There will only be 1,000 FDX produced worldwide. Read more below.
SINGAPORE — As the market leader in lossless audio players, FiiO is proud to announce the launch of the FiiO FDX Pure Beryllium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver In-Ear Monitor (IEM) in Singapore. There will only ever be one thousand pairs of the FDX released into the wild. Each FDX set is individually numbered, and features 60 cupid’s-cut crystals inlaid in the IEM’s rear panel as well as 24K gold plating and a plush wooden case.
The FiiO FDX is more than just a pretty face; it features FiiO’s most recent advancements in technology, such as the company’s flagship pure beryllium diaphragm dynamic driver. The FDX’s new driver allows for lightning-fast response times and surprisingly full sound. This is because of Beryllium’s rigidity and light weight; the element is four times as rigid as steel and weighs one-fourth as much as titanium, creating an entirely new dimension of sonic satisfaction.
Magnificent in the details
The FDX also includes the front acoustic prism system and a semi-open acoustic design, two other hallmarks of the FiiO brand. High frequency waves in the FDX are amplified thanks to the front acoustic prism, which also helps address the time delay between different sound waves. Further, the FiiO FDX’s semi-open acoustic design efficiently reduces stress on the ears, making for a non-fatiguing listening experience.
Finally, the FDX offers a 2.5mm, 3.5mm, and 4.4mm interchangeable audio plug for the user’s convenience, as well as a detachable cable with an expanded MMCX connector.
Exclusive high-purity braided cable in gold-silver-copper
The FiiO FDX’s included cable is high-quality and befitting of its premium status. It employs a combination of high-purity gold, copper, and silver wires braided into a single cable. There are a total of 240 wires in the cable, 20 wires of each metal in each of the cable’s four strands. The sheath is made out of medical-grade TPU, meaning it won’t turn yellow after extended use or become rigid in cold temperatures.
Other key highlights include:
- Golden royal brilliance, 24K gold plating: The shell of the FDX is plated with 24K gold. No matter where you go, you will surely be the centre of attention with the shimmering of the gold FDX in your ears.
- 60 cupid-cut crystals inlay: The FDX rear panel is inlaid with a total of 60 cupid-cut crystals. Combined with the golden panel, the FDX exudes prestige worthy of a collector’s model
- Every FDX is a unique piece: Each of the 1000 FDX comes with a unique serial number to commemorate the exclusive piece by FiiO. The serial numbers range from 0001 to 10XX skipping 4, 13, 14, 44, 444 and 1004. Finally, a “Born for Music” slogan is printed on each piece of the FDX.
- Luxurious wooden case to complement the FDX: No expense is spared for the creation of FDX. FiiO ensures exceptional craftsmanship right down to the last detail, encasing the luxurious IEM in an elegant wooden box.
- Extensive set of accessories: The FDX comes with 3 pairs of balanced ear tips, bass ear tips, vocal ear tips, SpinFit ear tips each in sizes S,M, and L. It also contains 2 pairs of foam ear tips and Triple-flange ear tips each. On top of that, you can expect to see 1 cleaning brush, 1 carrying case for the FDX, 1 MMCX assist tool, 1 magnetic cable organiser, a 4 strange 240-core high purity gold-silver-copper braided cable, 3 pairs of interchangeable sound tubs, and 1 set of 2.5mm/ 3.4mm/ 4.4mm interchangeable audio plugs
- Hi-Res Audio Certified: FDX is Hi-Res Audio certified, a testament to its audio capabilities, achieving rich musical details in a manner worthy of a flagship.
Pricing and Availability
FiiO FDX retails for S$1,299.00 (including GST) and is available immediately at AV One (av1group.com.sg), Headphones.SG, Stereo Electronics and Treoo.
Microwire.news (aka microwire.info) is a content outreach and amplification platform for news, events, brief product and service reviews, commentaries, and analyses in the relevant industries. Part of McGallen & Bolden Group initiative. Copyrights belong to the respective authors/owners and the news service is not responsible for the content presented.