Getting a Audioengine S6 into your abode
Editor’s brief: So, you are working from home. Or perhaps you are a SOHO or startup entrenepreneur. Decent background audio, or that occasional ramp-up to a room full of sound, is what you are looking for. While your space, whether a room at home or a small office, may just be air-conditioned, you want an efficient subwoofer to neatly sit at a corner, blending in with your design ethos or personal style. The Audioengine S6 subwoofer with a Class D amplifier may just be the box for you. Read more below.
SINGAPORE – The Austin, Texas-based speaker manufacturer Audioengine has released the S6, a powered subwoofer that excels in terms of both sound quality and portability. S6 is the best way to supercharge your desktop, home theater, or gaming setup with its 210 watts of power in a compact design. The S6’s front-firing woofer in a sealed box allows for surprising low-frequency extension and impact.
Powerful bass extension
While the S6 is a small speaker, it packs a punch and is capable of producing a large soundstage thanks to advancements in audio technology, and Audioengine is keen to highlight this fact. Because of its small size (10″H x 10″W) and light weight (15 lbs), the S6 is an ideal bass extension for a desktop computer, gaming rig, home theater system, or any other compact setup.
Small sub, big sound
The S6’s 6″ long-throw woofer and highly efficient Class D amplifier produce sound that must be heard to be believed. Plus, the bass is tight and deep thanks to the sealed box’s low frequency response (33Hz). You can fine-tune the sound by adjusting the crossover frequencies anywhere from 40 to 130 hertz.
The S6, with its 210 watts of power, can easily fill most rooms, and its powerful sound for its size makes it superior to other compact subs on the market.
The S6 has two analog audio inputs, allowing you to connect two separate audio systems. Do you wish to reduce your energy consumption? Selecting the S6’s energy-saving auto-on mode allows it to detect when a signal is being sent from your audio source, allowing it to turn on only when necessary.
Are you interested in wireless connectivity? The USB charging port makes the optional W3 system from Audioengine easy to bring along and set up wherever you like.
Features and benefits
- 3.5mm mini-jack, LFE/RCA inputs: Convenient and versatile plug-in options that can also connect to two audio sources at once, such as powered speakers and an A/V receiver
- USB charging port: Wireless ready with the W3 sender/receiver kit or power other USB devices
- 15mm thick MDF cabinet enclosure: Strong yet light reinforcement for greater woofer performance
- 6″ long-throw front-firing woofer: Small but powerful, this woofer design ensures accurate bass while being small enough to fit in many places, including a desktop
- Crossover frequency control: Easily adjust how high the bass will go to perfectly balance the sound with your speakers
- Phase switch: 0/180 degrees: Flip the phase as needed based on your listening environment to maximise bass performance
- Auto-sensing standby mode: The S6 will automatically go into a low-power mode when no audio is playing, saving energy. A bypass switch turns off this feature
- Detachable power cord: Disconnect the power cord for convenient transport
- Type: Powered Subwoofer, sealed enclosure
- Amplifier Type: Class D
- Power Output: 210 W peak power total (140 W RMS), AES
- Drivers: 6″ long throw front-firing woofer
- Inputs: 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack, RCA L/R
- Input Voltages: 100-240 V AC, 50/60 Hz auto-switching
- SNR: >100 dB (typical A-weighted)
- Frequency Response: 33Hz – 132Hz ±1.5dB
- Input Impedence: 10K ohms unbalanced
- Crossover Frequency: 40Hz – 130Hz
- Protection: Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection
- Standby Consumption: <1W
- Phase: 0 / 180 degrees
Pricing and availability
The Audioengine S6 Powered Subwoofer retails for S$499 (including GST) and is immediately available at AV One (av1group.com.sg), Headphones.sg, Sam Audio, Stereo Electronics, Treoo, TK Foto and Retrocrates.
Microwire.news (aka microwire.info) is a content outreach and amplification platform for news, events, brief product and service reviews, commentaries, and analyses in the relevant industries. Copyrights belong to the respective authors/owners and the news service is not responsible for the content presented.