Editor’s brief: Even though our portable devices such as smartphones and laptops are capable of producing tiny decent sound, sometimes the need for superlative audio calls us to go out and find the best tool for such a job. The FiiO BTR7 is just one of the best portable amplifiers available today. Dual DAC, Qualcomm QCC5124 BT SoC, THX AAA™, wireless charging, and a good 9 hours of battery to boot. Read more below.
SINGAPORE – Today, FiiO, the industry standard in lossless audio players, announced the arrival of the FiiO BTR7 in Singapore. The new premium portable Bluetooth amplifier, BTR7, keeps its captivating appearance thanks to its use of the mecha design language of the seventh generation. Embracing the one-of-a-kind elegance of the BTR7 is its 1.3-inch IPS color display, which is paired with a comfortable and ergonomically-friendly laminated aluminum alloy body. Volume, power, gain, and audio format are just some of the useful pieces of data that are displayed in an easily digestible graphical user interface that pops with color on the screen.
The BTR7 is a high-end model because it uses the ES9219C, which is combined with a low-pass filter and an amplifier to form a highly optimized audio architecture that faithfully reproduces every nuance and dynamic range of the music. A worldwide expansion of support for Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) ensures that music is heard in all its glory. The BTR7 is the world’s first portable Bluetooth amplifier, in terms of amp structure, to use 2 of the THX AAA-28 amplifiers. Research and development at FiiO reached a milestone when they successfully integrated four channels of THX AAA amplifiers into a small chassis for a fully balanced audio design, resulting in 88% more single-ended power output and 30% more balanced power output than previous designs. The BTR7 promises to provide a musical experience that is both extraordinary and daring.
Some of the key highlights of the new FiiO BTR7 include:
- Wireless freedom: With its dual DSP and dual-core CPU architecture, the Qualcomm QCC5124 Bluetooth chip not only ensures stable connections but also supports both high-res formats like LDAC/aptX HD/aptX Adaptive and more common formats like AAC/SBC.
- All-encompassing, always there for you: When used for USB Audio, the BTR7 relies on the XMOS XUF208 chip to receive and decode audio data streams, with support up to PCM 384kHz and native DSD256. In USB DAC mode and with an MQA player, up to MQA 8x rendering is supported.
- Seamlessly integrated metal antenna: Befitting its status as a high-end Bluetooth amplifier, the BTR7 adopts FiiO’s own patented seamless metal frame antenna design. The sleek design also ensures Bluetooth connections are more stable and interference-free.
- Worry-free battery life: As a multifunctional Bluetooth amplifier, the BTR7 needs plenty of battery power when used throughout the day. Besides increasing the battery capacity to 880mAh, FiiO offers both wired and wireless charging supports. USB wired charging is fast and efficient, while Qi wireless charging is convenient and will automatically stop charging when the battery is full.
- Widely compatible dual output: Each update of the BTR series reflects contemporary trends in the personal audio world. In addition to the traditional 3.5mm single-ended headphone output, the BTR7 offers a 4.4mm balanced headphone output for a detailed audio experience in a widely used jack format.
- One-click “dongle” mode: The BTR7 can also be used as a “dongle”, serving as a wired decoder and headphone amplifier for mobile phones. Users can simply press the “CHARGE” button with one click to switch into and out of “dongle” mode. Compared to the typical “dongle”, the BTR7 does not consume a phone’s battery power and ensures its great sound quality is not compromised.
- Companion app control and OTA upgrades: The BTR7 not only supports in-line controls but also supports control done via a companion app. For instance, the equaliser functionality in the companion app allows users to adjust their music to their tastes conveniently from their phone or device. Through the app, the Bluetooth and system firmware can also receive over-the-air (OTA) updates.
- DAC: ES9219C*2
- Headphone amplifier: THX AAA-28*2
- Bluetooth chip: Qualcomm QCC5124
- USB controller: XMOS XUF208
- Dimensions: About 39.6*83.6*14.2mm
- Weight: About 68g
- Display: Color 1.3-inch IPS 240*240 bezel-less screen
- Construction: Aluminum alloy body, High-strength glass
- Decoding support: Up to PCM 384kHz, DSD256
- Bluetooth format support: LDAC/aptX Adaptive/aptX LL/aptX HD/aptX/AAC/SBC
- Battery: 880mAh
- Audio connectors: 3.5mm single-ended/4.4mm balanced
Pricing and Availability
FiiO BTR7 retails for S$319 (including GST) and is available immediately at AV One (av1group.com.sg), Connect IT, Jaben, E1 Personal Audio, SAM audio, Stereo Electronics, TK Foto and Treoo.
Microwire.news (aka microwire.info) is a content outreach and amplification platform for news, events, brief product and service reviews, commentaries, and analyses in the relevant industries. Part of McGallen & Bolden Group initiative. Copyrights belong to the respective authors/owners and the news service is not responsible for the content presented.