SINGAPORE – FiiO’s high-fidelity active desktop speakers SP3 is launched in Singapore. This is the brand’s first set of speakers, designed to match the FiiO R7 desktop all-in-one desktop music streamer. The speakers’ FiiO-balanced sound packs a punch despite their compact size.
Small audio powerhouse
FiiO’s pursuit of lossless sound quality and market research led to SP3 where compact homes and space constraints are key considerations. The R&D team optimized the space-to-sound ratio to make the speakers compact and high-quality.
By reducing the cabinet size, the SP3 increases the space-to-sound ratio. To improve sound on a small desktop, it uses a bigger 3.5-inch carbon fiber mid-woofer and a 1-inch silk tweeter.
The 3.5-inch carbon fiber mid-woofer has asymmetrical internal and external magnetic circuitry with an additional magnet to its internals. This reduces non-linear distortion at all frequencies and offers ample power for low-frequency dynamics.
High fidelity audio products have traditionally sought low resonance frequency and great current carrying capacity. The FiiO SP3 tweeter can play frequencies as low as 800Hz and silky treble above 20kHz. The tweeter is perfectly angled with a horizontal striped pattern in front of the tweeter to effectively diffuse sound throughout the room, improving the soundstage and giving the impression of being in a grand concert hall.
- Driver: 3.5-inch carbon fibre mid-woofer, 1-inch silk tweeter
- Frequency response: 65Hz~20kHz
- Crossover type: 2-way crossover
- Crossove: 3.4kHz
- Impedance: Bass: 8 Ω; Treble: 8 Ω
- Sensitivity: 85dB (1Vrms)@1kHz/1W/1m
- Speaker input power: 30W*2 (Bass) +10W*2 (Treble)
- Audio input: RCA input, AUX input
- Cable length: About 1.5m (Main and secondary speaker connection cable)
- Accessory: Power adapter*1, AC power cable*1, RCA to 3.5mm audio input cable*1, Main and secondary speaker connection cable*1, Rubber base*2 pairs (0° and 7°), Instruction manual*1
- Weight: Main speaker about 1.8kg, secondary speaker about 1.6kg
- Color: Aluminium alloy, Black/White
Availability in Singapore
AV One, Connect IT, Stereo Electronics, TK Foto, and TREOO will sell FiiO SP3 for S$479 (including GST).
Microwire.news (aka microwire.info) is a content outreach and amplification platform for news, events, brief product and service reviews, commentaries, and analyses in the relevant industries. Part of McGallen & Bolden Group initiative. Copyrights belong to the respective authors/owners and the news service is not responsible for the content presented.